Follow these guidelines to help save time when preparing your ad material for Crossings.
Accepted File Formats:
- Quark Xpress
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Acrobat PDF
- Please contact us if you would like to use any applications not listed above.
- Convert all spot colors to process if printing 4c process.
- Be sure to specify if your job is using spot colors, and list those colors.
- Watch for mismatched Pantone inks - ie: Pantone 185 CV and Pantone 185 CVC will not always appear on the same plate.
- Rich black should not exceed 100k/30c/30m/30y.
- Remember to supply both printer AND screen fonts.
- Type 1 (Postscript) fonts are recommended.
- Multiple Master fonts may cause problems and are not recommended.
- Do not supply us fonts that are not used for your job, extra fonts may cause conflicts.
- Do NOT use the Stylize menu in your layout program to make a font bold or italic, instead, use the bold or italic version of the font.
Acrobat (PDF) Files:
- Adobe Acrobat files are acceptable, but there are a few considerations to make:
- Do not downsample images.
- All images and colors must be converted to CMYK for proper output.
- Subset all fonts.
- If the layout requires bleed, increase the page size, and extend the bleed to at least .125” past the trim.
- Do not send files with extra crop marks, etc. • Offset registration marks by 12pt.
- Preferred image formats: TIFF, EPS.
- All images must be provided in CMYK, not RGB or JPEG colour mode.
- Specify if duotones are used.
- Do not use LZW compression on TIFF files.
- DCS files are not recommended.
- Resolution required: 350dpi for a 175lpi print *recommended